Public Worship & Online Services
open to the public inside the Cathedral
- Sunday 10.30 am Holy Communion service
- Sunday 4.00 pm Evensong
- Monday 5.30pm Evensong
- Wednesday 1 pm Holy Communion service
- Thursday 5.30 pm Evensong
- Friday 11.30 am Holy Communion service - BCP
- Saturday 5.30 pm Evensong
Additional Future services -
- From 6 November Evensong at 5.30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays
- From November at 8am on Sundays, Holy Communion service - BCP
- On Sunday 8 November at 6.30pm, a requiem eucharist for Remembrance Sunday sung by the Cathedral Choir
- On Wednesday 11 November An Act of Remembrance on Armistice Day. Worcester Cathedral will be holding a short act of remembrance inside the Cathedral at 11 am on Wednesday 11 November, Armistice Day, to remember all those who have died in conflict, in place of the act of remembrance usually held by the Royal British Legion outside at the county war memorial, which cannot take place this year on account of current restrictions. The act inside the Cathedral will last about ten minutes, and will include 2 minutes’ silence at 11 am, and prayers for peace and reconciliation. All members of the public are warmly invited to attend, and are reminded that face coverings are mandatory. Seating for the act of remembrance will be arranged in a socially distanced manner, and those attending are asked kindly to sanitise themselves on their way into the Cathedral, and supply ‘test-and-trace’ contact details. The Cathedral will open for general visiting at 11.15 am.
Congregational guidance for attending the Sunday 10.30am service - updated 18/9/20
Down load the order of service to print off and bring to the Sunday 10.30 am eucharist (and for Wednesday 1 pm eucharists).
Track and Trace System
In accordance with government and Church of England advice, all worshippers and visitors are encouraged to use the voluntary ‘track and trace’ system in operation at the cathedral. This takes two forms. You can either register your attendance at the cathedral by emailing email@example.com, either before or after your visit, making clear on which date you attended. Or you can complete a piece of paper with your contact details, for which you need to use your own pen (please note that pens are not provided), and place it in the ‘Track and Trace’ box by the north door. Please note that you need to register attendance for each separate visit to the cathedral. We will supply the attendance information to relevant authorities if it is requested, and you will not otherwise be contacted. We will not use the attendance information for any other purpose, and the emails and paper slips will be deleted/destroyed after three weeks.
- Sunday 10.30 am
- Monday to Saturday 8.00 am
The Dean and Chapter maintain the age-old round of morning and evening prayer. Though not open to the public the the service of Holy Communion is live-streamed at 8.00 am Monday to Saturday. They will be posted every day by the Canon in Residence.
Read a message here from the Dean and Chapter about the COVID-19 situation.
Read more information in our Newsroom page.