Tours of Worcester Cathedral
Enjoy learning about the Cathedral on a socially distanced tour. Led by an experience Cathedral guide, social distancing is facilitated using sanitised headsets and transmitter equipment.
- Turn up for a Socially Distanced Tour at 11am or 2.30pm, Monday to Saturday. These Historical Tours of the Cathedral start from the Welcome area near the Cathedral entrance. Tickets will cost £7 per adult (with accompanied children free). Tours will use sanitised headsets. They will last 45 - 60 minutes.
To enquire about booking a group tour or group talk contact us by emailing - email@example.com
Please note that it may occasionally be necessary to restrict a tour to certain areas if a service or event is taking place.
Choose from the following:
- Historical tours or talks - giving an introduction to the history of Worcester Cathedral. These can be pre-booked for groups and tailored to your individual requirements. Tours and talks cost £7 per person for half an hour to an hour, or £10 per person for an hour. Please note that it may occasionally be necessary to restrict a tour to certain areas if a service or event is taking place.
- Non-guided groups are welcome to visit the Cathedral (with social distancing), however we recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment in case you visit when we have a closure or an event going on. Non-guided group bookings cost £4.50 per person. We will ensure you are kept up to date about what is happening in the Cathedral that might affect your planned visit.
- Themed tours
Groups can also pre-book (minimum 2 people) choosing a topic of interest of their choice, for example - Cathedral gardens, architecture; Tudors, Stuarts and the Pilgrim Fathers; Famous people (including King John, Prince Arthur, Sir Edward Elgar, Sir Stanley Baldwin, Woodbine Willie, The Duke of Hamilton, St Wulfstan, and St Oswald, to name but a few).
If you would like a themed tour, please request this when booking as it will be subject to the availability of our specialist guides.
- Pilgrimage / Parish and Diocesan pre-booked socially distanced group visits can include a short service, a historical or spiritual tour of the Cathedral and lunch or afternoon tea in the Chapter House, Undercroft or Cloister. Prices are available upon request. Number may need to be restricted because of social distancing.
- Talks by King John's Tomb. King John's tomb has the oldest Royal effigy in England and makes for a stunning setting in which to hear about his life, and the disputes with the French king, the Pope, and the Barons that ultimately led to him sealing Magna Carta. This half hour talk costs £7 per person.
- Tours of the Stonemasons Yard
See behind the scenes in our working stonemasons yard. Hear about the heritage conservation work they do, using skills the same as those that built the Cathedral. The tour costs £18 per person, with a minimum group size of 3 or a minimum charge of £50.00. The tour will be socially distanced.
- Garden and Cathedral Grounds Tour. Led by our Cathedral gardener or one of our garden volunteers. Hear some of the history of this historical setting. Enjoy this beautiful outdoor space and see some of the rare trees and interesting plants and herbs. This tour takes you across uneven surfaces and up and down steps and therefore is not suitable for anyone who is disabled or has difficulty walking. Flat shoes are advised. The tour lasts up to 60 - 90 minutes and costs £10 - £15 per person with a minimum group size of 5 people or minimum charge of £50.00. The tour will be socially distanced.
- World War I: Worcester Cathedral Connections Tour. Hear the poignant stories of the soldiers with memorials in the stained glass windows in the Cathedral Cloister. The tour remembers these men with Worcestershire connections who died in the Great War between 1914 and 1918. You can also visit other areas around the Cathedral and hear about the Cathedral's other WW1 connections. This tour costs £7 per person.
- Coming soon
- Tower Tours and Behind the Scenes tours
- Civil War themed Tours visiting the Tower.
These will both be available to book when access to the tower is allowed again. When running, the tours cost £15 per person, with a minimum cost of £50.00
- Library Tours
Library tours are currently paused until further notice. Once tours resume, groups or individuals can book an appointment in advance by filling in the form on the library page here or ringing 01905 72922. Tours cost £7 per adult and £3.50 per child.
Also available is a Lockdown Pilgrimage trail that you can take part in at home or bring with you to the Cathedral. Click here to download the pilgrimage.
For further information and bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org