Volunteer your time
The Cathedral has a community of around 300 volunteers who give their time and contribute to the life of the Cathedral.
We currently have vacancies for the roles of -
Security & Stewarding - down load the role description
Welcomer - down load the role description
Volunteers perform a vital role within the Cathedral, here are some of the volunteer roles performed.
- Welcoming visitors to the Cathedral
- Security & Stewarding at the Cathedral
- Giving guided tours to visitors around the Cathedral
- Assisting the Education team with school visits
- Acting as a steward at concerts and events
- Helping in the Cathedral Library
- Assisting in the Cathedral shop or Cloister Café
- Assisting the Almoner
- Working as part of the vergers team
- Serving at Holy Communion.
- Singing in the Cathedral Voluntary Choir
- Bellringing (link to bellringing page)
- Maintaining kneelers, cushions and tapestries as part of the Guild of Embroiderers
- As part of the Cathedral Flower Guild, flower arranging
If you have skills and regular time, we would be pleased to hear from you. For information on any of these roles or to apply to be a volunteer please contact us at email@example.com