The Worcester Cathedral Guild of Bellringers is internationally recognised for its work. The first purpose-built Teaching Centre in the world was installed in the tower in 2008. Eight dumbbells, linked to tablets, run sophisticated bellringing software, providing a perfect teaching environment.
We welcome ringing and non-ringing visitors on Sundays and Mondays. Please make contact via the link below so we can plan your visit.
For more information please look at: http://worcesterbells.co.uk
Peals in 2020
Special four peals are rung very year to mark Church or Civic events. The team of ringers will perform over 5000 changes without stopping. These performances require tremendous concentration, stamina and teamwork and last about four hours.
- Saturday 29 February, 10.00 to 14.00, Peal for St Oswald
- Saturday 7 March, 10.00 to 14.00, Peal for the Friends of Cathedral Music
- Friday 10 April, 15.15 to 19.15, Peal for Good Friday (half-muffled on the minor ten)
- Monday 13 April, 10.00 to 14.00, Peal for Easter Monday
- Friday 8 May, 10.00 to 14.00, Peal for the City of Worcester Festival
- Saturday 5 September, 10.00 to 14.00, Peal for the anniversary of the Battle of Worcester
- Saturday 8 November, 11.15 to 15.15, Peal for Remembrance (half-muffled on the minor ten)
- Saturday 28 November, 10.00 - 14.00, Peal for Advent
- Sunday 20 December, 12.00 - 16.00, Peal for Christmas
- Thursday 31 December, 18.00 - 22.00, Peal for New Year's Eve (half-muffled on the minor ten)