Visiting Worcester Cathedral Safely
In order to ensure that everybody has a safe and enjoyable experience with us:
- Wearing of face coverings is now optional when visiting the Cathedral.
- Protective screens remain in place at the main entrance welcome reception and in the Cloister Cafe and Cathedral shop.
- Hand sanitiser is available for all visitors.
It is important that the Cathedral remains a safe place for as many people as possible.
- The use of face-coverings is optional when attending services.
- When coming for communion, we encourage worshippers to keep appropriate distances from others and generally to be considerate to other people.
- The national Church of England guidance is now that ‘Unless there are clear and objective reasons not to, Holy Communion should be offered in both kinds to communicants’. We are pleased to say that it is once again possible to receive Holy Communion in both kinds (that is, the consecrated bread and the consecrated wine). More detailed guidance may be found in the service booklet, and nobody will be expected to receive the consecrated wine if they choose not to do so.
If you feel unwell or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, please do not visit the Cathedral.
We thank you, in advance, for helping us to keep the Cathedral safe for everyone to enjoy and look forward to welcoming you soon.