Continuing Covid-19 mitigations at Worcester Cathedral from July 19
In order to ensure that everybody has a safe and enjoyable experience with us, we are recommending the continuation of a number of Covid-19 mitigating measures when visiting the Cathedral.
- We continue to ask visitors to follow the recommended marked routes throughout the Cathedral, to enable social distancing to continue wherever possible.
- Signage and signposting remain in place to help you navigate around the Cathedral safely.
- Protective screens remain in place at the main entrance welcome reception and in the Cloister Cafe and Cathedral shop.
- NHS Track and Trace remains in place, and we recommend visitors continue to sign-in on arrival at the main entrance.
- Our visitors, staff and volunteers are strongly encouraged to continue to wear face coverings in indoor areas.
- Increased cleaning regimes continue across the site including hand sanitiser at key points for you to use.
The Government’s lifting of restrictions means some changes to the way we are able to celebrate public worship. The easing of some Covid measures is being done with caution and care. Many people still feel vulnerable and anxious, and it is important that the Cathedral remains a safe place for as many people as possible.
What has changed?
- Hymns have been introduced for congregational singing.
- Social distancing reduced from 2m to 1m, but with plenty of room in the nave for people who wish to sit further apart.
What will not change?
- Those attending services will be invited to register NHS Track and Trace on arrival.
- The use of face coverings while in the Cathedral will be encouraged (it cannot be enforced) at least while entering and leaving the building and when coming for communion. People may choose to wear or remove face-coverings while singing hymns.
- Physical greetings at the peace should not be offered to people outside a bubble.
- Communion will be given standing, and in one kind (consecrated bread only).
- A thorough cleaning programme will be carried out after every service.
If you feel unwell or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, please do not visit the Cathedral.
We thank you, in advance, for helping us to keep the Cathedral safe for everyone to enjoy and look forward to welcoming you soon.