#Worcester Cathedral Rocks
You know Worcester Cathedral rocks - lets see how far the message can travel!
Found a Rock?
Found a #WorcesterCathedralRocks?
Then you'll know that Worcester Cathedral Rocks! And we want you to pass on the message.
- Take a photo of you with the rock and share on social media with the hashtag #WorcesterCathedralRocks
- Place the rock in a new location making sure others will find it.
- Have a go at making your own rock (see instructions on the right/below)
- Visit Worcester Cathedral!
Make a Rock
Here’s what you need to do:
- Choose a rock – not too big, make sure its easy to carry in one adult hand
- Paint something that reminds you of Worcester Cathedral on your rock – what might you paint?
- Prince Arthur?
- The High Altar?
- A monk?
- A stained glass window?
- The river?
- The Cathedral building?
- A message of hope or kindness?
- Something else?
- Don’t use stick on eyes or jewels or anything that might harm wildlife
- Remember to varnish or seal your rock so that the paint doesn’t come off
- On the back of your rock write #worcestercathedralrocks then post a photo of your rock on social media
- You could hide your rock on holiday or close to where you live. Just make sure that it is not in anyone’s way and that it isn’t too well hidden.
Paint a Rock at Worcester Cathedral
Rock painting activity will take place in the Undercroft Learning Centre on the following dates:
- 20 April
- 30 May
- 31 May
- (check back for further dates over the summer)
- We have a suggested donation of £2 per rock to cover materials
- Please ensure you paint your rock at the start of your visit to the cathedral as it will take 30 minutes to dry and seal.