Worcester Cathedral is a popular location for filming and photography.
Photograph permits are available for personal use from the Cathedral shop and cost £3.00 per day per person (small cameras/mobiles) or £5.00 per day per person for cameras using a tripod or video.†
- Further fees apply for†photographs which are taken with the intent to use commercially or which may be used for commercial gain by an individual or business in the future.
Permission should be sought from the Operational Manager and a fee discussed and agreed prior to photography taking place.
- Photographs are generally not permitted to be taken during services, including weddings, without prior consent from the Dean and Chapter. To enquire about permission and cost, please contact the Operational Manager.
As a filming location, the Cathedral offers soaring space, dramatic stonework and a fascinating history. It boasts a superb riverside location and a climb to the top of its Tower is rewarded with commanding views over the surrounding city of Worcester and its countryside, including Edward Elgar's beloved Malvern Hills.
- Before filming can take place, it is important that you seek special permission from the Dean via the Operational Manager. The granting of permission depends on your project. It is helpful if you can submit a synopsis of the proposed film or programme when applying for consent to film.
- A Worcester Cathedral Location Agreement must be agreed upon, completed and returned.
- Filming costs vary and are dependant on your project and approval from the Dean. Fees start at £100.00 per hour plus VAT. However, filming for news items is free of charge.
For further information, please contact the Cathedral's Operational Manager, Susan MacLeod.